Santa Marina Resort with 208 rooms, bungalows and suites – that make up the three-story main building and 4 bungalow complexes – our hotel offers all the comforts necessary for an enjoyable accommodation and a memorable summer vacation, while our restaurant offers a huge variety of culinary delights, including Greek and Cretan cuisine and cooked-to-order daily specials.
Santa Marina Resort provides a wide range of facilities, where our guests can enjoy all-day sport activities and entertainment. In our lush gardens you will find peace and relaxation, while in our spacious pool area and on the beach you can try various sea and water sports. In addition, you can try our spa programs and services, provided by our highly professional staff.
Finally, regarding transportation, the bus stop that connects the hotel with the city of Heraklion is located directly outside the resort with a transfer time of less than 10 minutes, while the transfer time between the hotel and Heraklion airport is about 20 minutes.
Santa Marina Hotel is located directly on the long and sandy beach of Amoudara (which is also the name of the nearby lively village), only 5 kms away from Heraklion (the largest city and the administrative capital of Crete and only a few minutes away from famous archaeological sites (like Knossos) and landscapes of natural beauty.
- the archaeological sites at Knossos (~7Km) , Phaistos (~30Km) and Tilissos
- El Greco Museum, located in Fodele village (~3Km)
- the Cretan traditional village of Rogdia with the nearby monastery of Savatiana (or Savvathiana)
- the small town of Gazi (~2Km) with its archaeological museum, shops, bars and restaurants
- the University General Hospital and the Foundation for Research and Technology