The Santa Marina Resort with 208 rooms, bungalows and suites, spread over the three-storey main building and 4 bungalow complexes, offers all the comfort for a pleasant stay and an unforgettable summer holiday. Our restaurant offers a wide range of culinary delights, including Greek and Cretan cuisine and daily specials prepared to order.
The hotel provides a wide range of facilities, where our guests can enjoy all-day sport activities and entertainment. In our lush gardens you will find peace and relaxation, while in our spacious pool area and on the beach you can try various sea and water sports. In addition, you can try our spa programs and services, provided by our highly professional staff.
A bus stop with a regular public bus service connects the hotel with the city of Heraklion and is located directly outside the resort. The transfer time to the city center is less than 10 minutes, while the transfer time between the hotel and Heraklion airport is about 20 minutes.
Due to its central location, the Santa Marina Resort offers an ideal starting point for many interesting excursions on the island with its exciting history and lively Cretan culture.
The hotel Santa Marina Resort is located directly on the long and sandy beach of Amoudara, only 5 kms away from Heraklion, the largest city and the administrative capital of Crete. Only a few minutes away you can visit famous archaeological sites like Knossos and landscapes of natural beauty.
- the archaeological sites at Knossos (~7Km) , Phaistos (~30Km) and Tilissos
- El Greco Museum, located in Fodele village (~3Km)
- the Cretan traditional village of Rogdia with the nearby monastery of Savatiana (or Savvathiana)
- the small town of Gazi (~2Km) with its archaeological museum, shops, bars and restaurants
- the University General Hospital and the Foundation for Research and Technology