Santa Marina Resort is located directly on the long and sandy beach of Amoudara (which is also the name of the nearby lively village), only 5 kms away from Heraklion (the largest city and the administrative capital of Crete and only a few minutes away from famous archaeological sites (like Knossos) and landscapes of natural beauty.
With 208 rooms, bungalows and suites - that make up the three-story main building and 4 bungalow complexes - our hotel offers all the comforts necessary for an enjoyable accommodation and a memorable summer vacation, while our restaurant offers a huge variety of culinary delights, including Greek and Cretan cuisine and cooked-to-order daily specials.
Santa Marina Resort provides a wide range of facilities, where our guests can enjoy all-day sport activities and entertainment. In our lush gardens you will find peace and relaxation, while in our spacious pool area and on the beach you can try various sea and water sports. In addition, you can try our spa programs and services, provided by our highly professional staff.
Finally, regarding transportation, the bus stop that connects the hotel with the city of Heraklion is located directly outside the resort with a transfer time of less than 10 minutes, while the transfer time between the hotel and Heraklion airport is about 20 minutes.
Acknowledging the importance of environmental protection in general and towards a sustainable tourism development, the management and the staff of Santa Marina Resort have formed and put into practice a System of Environmental Management.
The System of Environmental Management covers all hotel activities, showing special interest to accommodation and dining services. Based on these best practices, the hotel management commits itself to the following:
- To submit to any requirements of the law or others related to environmental activities
- To value the effects of the aforementioned activities on the environment and work towards decreasing or even eliminating any potential threat and negative effect
- To, actively, pursue for the protection of the environment and the prevention of pollution
- To set goals, aiming at continual improvement.
Following the above commitments, the hotel aims at:
- Implementing activities related to energy saving measures, the decrease of water consumption, the correct management and decrease of waste and sewage.
- Maintaining the air quality
- Protecting the beach and of the quality of sea water
- Co-operating with the local authorities for the preservation of the natural beauties of the area
- Communicating with all local authorities about the environmental actions taken by our hotel
- Educating and involving the hotel staff on the System of Environmental Management
- Keeping the guests informed about our hotel’s environmental practices and activities and encouraging them to participate in our initiatives.
Our environmental activities include:
- Clean up the Med (http://www.legambiente.it/contenuti/campagne/clean-med)
- Clean up the World (http://www.cleanuptheworld.org/en/)
- Hands Across the Sands (http://www.handsacrossthesand.com/)
- World Environmental Day (http://www.unesco.org/new/en/natural-sciences/environment/world-environment-day/)
- Weekly tour through our lush gardens, informing our guests about nature and various environmental issues and actions